Monday, May 2, 2011

The challenge

My great friend Krista approached me recently to help her organize her party. A mix between her birthday bash and an all out super event with tickets, DJs, flyers - the lot. Of course I said - "hells yeah Goat"

There were a few rules, we kept our plans secret, we kept the venue secret, we met and did everything secretly. It was a secret project and we were seriously excited. In fact, we haven't had the party yet it's in 6 weeks or so in June. In all the excitement i cam up with a super totally awesome idea to put some concept artwork of the DJs and the party on the walls in the chill out room. A great little space, another little surprise for everyone, and just something special i could add to the mix.

I of course have no idea how to pull this off. As far as a project goes i have the concept and direction, i have some great ideas, I want it to be friekn amazing and get picked up by 3D world or something - but alas - i aint got the skills..... yet.

The challenge - produce several works, possibly one per DJ so upto 5 works for the party on the 25th of June. Besides the tight time frame - the biggest challenge will be teaching myself how to use Illustrator and Photoshop along the way.

I'll do my best to keep track of my progress here, in my first blog ever. Another new skill.

How exciting? off i go now to start my first Leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment